3 Nephi 17:20 -24

20 And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
22 And when he had done this he wept again;
23 And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.
24 And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009

Well this week has been crazy. Glad you all got to go see Harry Potter and hope it was worth it. I know that being here is a lot better than that movie would have been.

So I have probably the coolest district of all time. We all bonded really well on the second day and pretty much do everything together. My companion, Elder Mortensen is amazing. He doesn't know many scriptures and has a hard time getting the lessons down, but when he does it is amazing. He is really athletic and has a thing for designer names, including sunglasses, handbags, and cars. Good thing cause I don't.

Our classes have been going really well and our teachers are incredible, even though we aren't the best students. They really know what they are doing and put forth a lot of effort to teach us.
So last night we had Elder Groberg come and speak to us. He's the missionary that "The Other Side of Heaven" is based on if you didn't know. He talked about how important it is to go above our duty to help other people and to care about them. He also talked about how important it is to go to the temple and encouraged us to pass the message to our families and friends. So I'm passing it to you. Go to the temple often. You'll be blessed.

So that pretty much somes it up. Maybe I'll print off some pictures and mail them home here in the near future of our district.

Hope all is well at home. If not, don't tell me. If it is, then do tell me. It is easier to write letters since I have a limited time to be online every P-day. So if you feel like writing, go to DearElder.com and write me. If you don't have my address, then get ahold of my family.

I've decided that each week I'll leave what I consider to be the most quoted scripture from the past week and while here at the MTC the hymn most sung. So the scripture is 1st Corinthians 13:11 and the hymn is 263 Hark All Ye Nations (not Called to Serve, we've only sang that twice).

Guess I'll talk to you all later and hope to hear from you soon.

Elder Wixom