3 Nephi 17:20 -24

20 And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
22 And when he had done this he wept again;
23 And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.
24 And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29, 2009

So this is my second and last P-day in the MTC. I fly to MT on Tues. and get there in the afternoon. So pretty much, if you are going to send letters next week send them to the mission home there. If you don't have the address, talk to my mom.

This week has been even crazier than last one, and it really doesn't feel like a week. It is going to be really crazy this next week trying to finish learning everything and getting ready to leave. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Ok, I'm over it.

Glad to hear that everything went well on the 24th. Congrats to the band for sounding "good" :) and that is cool that the girls got to ride the float. The 24th here, class and class and more class. Maybe I laid down for a bit but that is about it. But it was worth it.

Elder Mortensen and I are teaching really well together and he is becoming more comfortable with the lessons. His biggest problem is still his self-confidence, but we're working on that. He is learning where scriptures are and is doing really well. I do still talk more than he does in the lessons but again, working on it.

The biggest experience this week came from making calls in the referel center on Saturday. In the morning 90 min no one answered the phone. In the afternoon though, this lady answered. I asked for the person I was calling for and she told me he had died last year. After a minute or so of apologizing we got started talking. Turns out she was his daughter, he was a Baptist preacher, and that her favorite sermon of his was on the book of Revelations. I literally freaked out and we just started talking about it. After talking for about 20 minutes, I asked her if she wanted any media items about Christ and she asked what we had. I told her about the DVD's, The Bible, and The Book of Mormon. She said she'd love to read The Book of Mormon. I freaked out again, which got some weird looks from my district. Right before I hung up she asked how old I was. When I told her I was 19, she just couldn't stop talking about how proud she was that I was living a good life where the 19 year olds where she lives have eyes rolling in the back of their heads because of drugs. Hopefully all goes well with the missionaries and she joins the Church. It is amazing how the Lord puts people in our path to talk to that are ready and how we are all prepared individually for them. My district said that if any of them had callen her, they wouldn't have known what to talk about in Revelations but since I had studied it I was ready. It was way cool!!!

Well I think that about somes it up. So the most sung hymn this week was #30 and the most used scripture was 2nd Nephi 2:22-27.

So everyone, go out and do some missionary work. You may be just the person that the Lord has placed in their path to help them either strengthen their testimony or help them find the gospel.

Until next week. Take care y'all,

Elder Wixom