3 Nephi 17:20 -24

20 And they arose from the earth, and he said unto them: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them.
22 And when he had done this he wept again;
23 And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones.
24 And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.

Monday, January 17, 2011

When the weather man is wrong...

Last week I talked about how it was going to be a very cold week. Well, I am happy to say that the weather man was wrong and we had a very nice week weather wise. Last night was in the 40's which is really nice.

This week was pretty crazy. We went on team-ups with the Roundup elders and had a really good time. We did a lot of walking and a lot of tracting, but that makes it exciting.

Warren's baptism was Friday night. It went really well and the Spirit was so strong. We were in charge of filling the font and no one told us that you were suppossed to turn a valve to close the drain; I figured we were just suppossed to cover it like most fonts. The water was very low, but luckily there was enough for the baptism. Now we know for next time what we are suppossed to do.

Elder Moore has been battling with a cold for over a week now which has slowed us up a little. The big downside is that I think I am finally starting to get it just as he is getting better. Last night was rough but today has been better so far.

The scripture for the week is Matthew 11:28-30. We have had a couple of lessons with families who are going through rough times. I love having the opportunity to bear testimony of our Savior's love and the Atonement and the peace that can be felt. It is hard to believe I have been on my mission for eighteen months now. Six more to give it my all.

Take care and good luck,
Elder Wixom